-
April 12th, 2003, 04:24 PM
#1
Inactive Member
any one know of a lab where i can get a small video clip transferred to film. i need to make film loops but cant seem to find help with conversions. thank u.
-
April 13th, 2003, 01:35 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Shameless self promotion:
http://www.moviestuff.tv
The telecine page needs to be undated but we're actually back in business; just playing catch up.
Roger
-
April 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Roger, I know that you can do film to video but can you also do video to film?
Brian
-
April 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Oops! My dislexia kicking in again. I thought it was the typical super 8 to video request. After re-reading the title I see it's the other way around. Man, I gotta get some rest!
However, I have considered a printback service for people that want to edit on computer and get a print back from their efforts but I don't think most super 8 film makers have the money to support that type of service.
Roger
-
April 14th, 2003, 11:42 AM
#5
Inactive Member
you could try doing it yourself:
capture the video onto a PC/laptop
plug the PC/laptop into a bright LCD projector.
record the images from a screen onto your super8 camera.
get film processed.....
-
April 15th, 2003, 06:48 AM
#6
TA 152
Guest
If you are in PAL-land (25 fps TV) a frame by frame advance is possible filming off a computer screen as with a S8 cam. For short clips this is manually tolerable.
If the monitor has an adjustable scan fequency it may be set to match the shutter speed of the S8 cam. Alterntively scan lines may be visible.
You need a very bright monitor to use K40. The colours seem to get a blue bias. In my opinion faster film speeds are desireable. If you do not require a reversal film the 200 ASA Vision 200T neg film may be sufficient - possibly the Ektachrome 125. Tests required.
It is certainly possible but I recomend to make a few tests first.
Once I filmed some 30 minutes of video off a Hi-res monitor. The result were not that bad except everything looked video and the scan lines flikkered all over. This problem may be different or less with 30 fps TV systems using an XL shutter cam.
R
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks